There are typically two questions that remote monitoring seeks to ask:
(1) Is anything wrong?
(2) Is something about to go wrong?
Event based remote monitoring will constantly look at data points that provide answers to those questions, and notify you via email or cell phone when you need to know.
The other application for remote monitoring is long term trending or performance monitoring. Nothing is really wrong one way or the other, but you want to see some history. Trend monitoring will periodically record data points and archive them in a database. You access that database at your convenience via a dedicated web site.
Control Solutions is willing to provide monitoring services for just a few devices or thousands of devices. We provision our servers in top data centers around the country. Our servers are well connected, well protected, and backed up indefinitely.
The LogMyData Web Portal provides a central site to monitor all of your remote sites. Access the central site from anywhere in the world.
LogMyData will send you emails, or text messages to your cell phone, when an event you want to know about has occurred. LogMyData can even call you with a voice message to tell you what has occurred.
|LogMyData monitors any of these:
• Sensors that generate 4-20mA or 0-10VDC signals
• Switches, relays, dry contacts
• Three phase power up to 480VAC and 6,000 amps using WattNode
• Modbus RTU or Modbus TCP devices
• LogMyData device can be Modbus master or slave
• LonWorks devices
• BACnet MS/TP or BACnet IP devices
• Any RS-232 ASCII serial device at standard baud rates
LogMyData offers flexible notifications
• SMS text messages
• Standard email
• Voice call notification
• Alert escalation and acknowledgement configurable by user
LogMyData offers flexible data retrieval
• Online data graphs
• Export CSV files ready for spread sheet processing
• Query from your server, get XML formatted data
LogMyData notification rules are flexible
• Template based rule configuration
• Notifications sent immediately upon alert
• Notification generated by web portal if monitoring device stops reporting
• Notification generated when preventive maintenance due
LogMyData includes service records
• Preventive maintenance tracked automatically, based on run time
• Arbitrary service records may be entered by users
• Every alert notification may have user notes attached to response
LogMyData includes flexible controls pushing data back to remote devices
• Change setpoints or send data to any register in the monitoring device
• Do a remote start on a generator
• Reset counters